Twenty-eight counties in Illinois at the moment are at a “warning degree” for coronavirus, the state’s well being division mentioned Friday
The warning means every of the counties noticed will increase in two or extra COVID-19 “threat indicators,” the well being division mentioned.
The counties now beneath a warning embody: Bond, Boone, Brown, Calhoun, Christian, Clinton, Coles, Crawford, DeKalb, DeWitt, Fayette, Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Lee, Livingston, Macon, Massac, Monroe, Morgan, Pulaski, Putnam, Richland, Saline, St. Clair, Wabash, Washington and Winnebago
Final week, 17 counties had been at a “warning degree.” The week earlier than that it was 24.
“Though the explanations for counties reaching a warning degree varies, a few of the frequent elements for a rise in instances and outbreaks are related to college and school events in addition to school sports activities groups, massive gatherings and occasions, bars and golf equipment, weddings and funerals, household gatherings, long-term care services, correctional facilities, faculties, and instances among the many neighborhood at massive, particularly folks of their 20s,” the Illinois Division of Public Well being mentioned in a press release.
IDPH mentioned officers noticed companies “blatantly disregarding mitigation measures, folks not social distancing, gathering in massive teams and never utilizing face coverings.”
“Mayors, native legislation enforcement, state’s attorneys and different neighborhood leaders will be influential in guaranteeing residents and companies observe finest practices,” IDPH added.
Among the many metrics evaluated to find out if a county has reached a “warning degree” are:
• New instances per 100,000 folks. If there are 50 or extra new instances per 100,000 folks within the county, this triggers a warning.
• Variety of deaths. This metric signifies a warning when the variety of deaths will increase greater than 20% for 2 consecutive weeks.
• Weekly check positivity. This metric signifies a warning when the 7-day check positivity charge rises above 8%.
• ICU availability. If there are fewer than 20% of intensive care items out there within the area, this triggers a warning.
• Weekly emergency division visits. This metric signifies a warning when the weekly % of COVID-19-like-illness emergency division visits improve by greater than 20% for 2 consecutive weeks.
• Weekly hospital admissions. A warning is triggered when the weekly variety of hospital admissions for COVID-19-like-illness will increase by greater than 20% for 2 consecutive weeks.
• Checks carry out. This metric is used to offer context and point out if extra testing is required within the county.
• Clusters. This metric seems on the % of COVID-19 instances related to clusters or outbreaks and is used to grasp massive improve in instances.
Illinois well being officers on Friday reported 2,206 new cases of coronavirus within the final 24 hours, together with 47 further deaths.