Now that the Edmonds Metropolis Council has allotted further funds from the federal CARES Act, the Metropolis of Edmonds on Wednesday introduced a second spherical of Enterprise Assist Grants of as much as $10,000 every. A two-week software interval begins Oct. 7, with an software deadline of 5 p.m., Oct.21.
The council on Oct. 6 approved an additional infusion of $430,000 to town’s enterprise help grant program as a part of the Edmonds Cares Fund, for a mixed complete of as much as $1.13 million for companies in want. The grants are awarded to Edmonds small companies that meet the next eligibility standards:
- Companies with 0 to 30 workers (part-time and full-time mixed)
- In enterprise in Edmonds at the very least one 12 months as of Oct. 1, 2020
- Demonstrated year-over-year enterprise/income lack of at the very least 30% in April or Might 2020
- Declared intent and expectation to stay in enterprise at the very least 4 months after receipt of the grant
The forgivable loans will change into grants to awarded institutions after 4 months if nonetheless in enterprise.
Given town’s expectation that candidates for these grants might doubtless outstrip the variety of grants capable of be awarded, there will even be choice standards employed to establish awardees. Explicit consideration will probably be given to:
- Companies owned by individuals of coloration, ladies, veterans and different minorities
- Companies which have obtained no or decrease ranges of different grant monies from native, county, state and federal packages
- Companies which have obtained comparatively larger enterprise/income losses
- Geographic distribution throughout Edmonds
- Companies within the inventive sector throughout the Edmonds Inventive District
Enterprise homeowners thinking about making use of for a enterprise help grant might entry the web software portal here. Questions could also be submitted to Financial Growth and Neighborhood Companies Director Patrick Doherty at email@example.com or 425-771-0251.
My Edmonds Information
Signal Up for Our Each day Edmonds E-newsletter