- Democratic nominee Joe Biden has smashed election information, incomes extra votes than any presidential candidate in US historical past.
- The previous vp has amassed about 70.8 million votes as of two:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Former President Barack Obama had held the report since 2008, when he acquired 69,456,897 votes.
- President Donald Trump is trailing Biden about by about 3 million votes.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday broke the report for probably the most votes received by any presidential nominee in US historical past.
By 2:30 p.m. ET, Biden had amassed 70.8 million votes, in response to election results compiled by Choice Desk HQ. Biden has surpassed Barack Obama’s report in 2008, when he acquired 69,456,897 votes.
Biden’s tally marks half the votes counted within the race to date, forward of Trump’s 48%. The numbers are anticipated solely to develop as ballots are nonetheless being counted in vital states — together with Michigan and Arizona.
The outcomes of the presidential election stay unknown as a result of neither candidate has reached the 270 electoral votes wanted for a victory.
Pollsters predicted that Biden would safe extra votes than Trump. The Democratic nominee is on observe to win the favored vote since he already leads the president by about 3 million votes.
This might be the second time Trump loses the favored vote. The primary was when former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton overtook him by almost 3 million votes.
As of Wednesday, Trump has picked up about 68 million votes, beating his 2016 haul, when he bought 62,980,160 votes.