SHIAWASSEE COUNTY, MI — Six companies in Shiawassee County had been awarded enterprise help providers by means of a aggressive pitch competitors to assist them develop their operations throughout difficult financial instances.
The Shiawassee Small Batch Assist Program was designed to help small batch meals companies in Shiawassee County begin or scale operations. A aggressive pitch competitors was held by means of this system, which lately awarded enterprise help providers to 6 native companies.
The digital competitors occurred Oct. 23. The help providers awarded to the companies embrace branding and advertising, e-commerce growth and operations, and strategic planning, manufacturing/processing house and purchaser connections, based on the Shiawassee Small Batch Assist Program’s web site.
The hassle was a collaboration between the Michigan Financial Growth Company, Owosso Downtown Growth Authority, Shiawassee Financial Growth Partnership, Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce and Michigan Small Enterprise Growth Heart to help these rising companies, in addition to a meals and agricultural sector vital to the area’s financial system.
AZee Enterprise Options in Owosso was employed to supply key advertising and digital help as a part of the service packages awarded.
“Thanks to our buddies on the Michigan Financial Growth Company for launching the revolutionary Shiawassee Small Batch Enterprise Assist program with our group companions,” mentioned Justin Horvath, president and CEO for the Shiawassee Financial Growth Partnership. “We had been capable of help six firms within the county with varied providers that can assist them develop their operations, made much more vital in these difficult financial instances. We’re hopeful this may turn into a mannequin to help meals entrepreneurs throughout the State of Michigan.”
The companies that participated within the pitch competitors, might be receiving custom-made help packages tailor-made to their particular development wants by means of the method.
- JT Meals in Owosso produces shelf secure salsas and sauces, together with Zalza model salsas in 4 flavors together with a personal label salsa for an additional firm. The salsas are already out there at greater than 20 areas all through southeast and mid-Michigan. JT Meals will obtain consulting with AZee Enterprise Options to additional develop a web site and eCommerce help and different advertising wants; consulting with the MSU Product Heart crew and a chance to take part within the 2021 Making It In Michigan occasion.
- Ayven Grace Espresso & Studio in Laingsburg is a family-owned and operated espresso store specializing in wholesome and scrumptious choices. They’ll obtain consulting with the MSU Product Heart crew, use of the Meals Processing and Innovation Heart (FPIC) facility and a chance to take part within the 2021 Making It In Michigan occasion by means of this system.
- Cedar Creek Bakery in Durand is a farm-based bakery that grows, grinds and bakes wheat and rye bread. They provide weekly supply and subscription choices for patrons and promote at native farmers markets. They’ll obtain consulting with AZee Enterprise Options to develop a web site and eCommerce help; consulting with the MSU Product Heart crew and a chance to take part within the 2021 Making It In Michigan occasion.
- Defying Gravity in Owosso is a house bakery offering specialty dessert gadgets, together with all event truffles, tiered marriage ceremony truffles, cupcakes, brownies, cake pops, cookies, tarts, pies, eclairs, and extra. Defying Gravity will obtain consulting with AZee Enterprise Options to develop a web site and eCommerce help; and consulting with the MSU Product Heart crew.
- Tiger Shark Cafe in Durand lately moved right into a brick and mortar location and is seeking to scale the bottling and packaging of their signature BBQ sauce and mac and cheese for retail buy. This veteran-owned enterprise will obtain consulting with the MSU Product Heart crew and use of the FPIC facility, graphic design help by means of AZee Enterprise Options, and a chance to take part within the 2021 Making It In Michigan occasion.
- Miss Mallie’s Sweets & Treats in Durand is a house bakery offering baked items and candy treats and may be discovered each week on the Durand Farmers Market in addition to pop up occasions. Miss Mallie’s Sweets & Treats will obtain consulting with AZee Enterprise Options to develop advertising collateral and consulting with the MSU FPIC employees by means of this system.
“We wish to thank everybody concerned with the Shiawassee Small Batch Assist Program and we’re excited to associate with such devoted people and companies in our space as we proceed to develop,” mentioned Jeremy Feskorn of JT Meals Inc. “We really feel very lucky to be part of a group that does a lot to help and nurture native companies like ours.”
Every of those small batch meals producers just about pitched to a panel of judges that included management from the MEDC, the Michigan Division of Agriculture and Rural Growth, the MSU Product Heart and Downtown Owosso Farmer’s Market to entry a wide range of help providers to assist develop their enterprise.
The Michigan SBDC supplied members a “pitch prep” workshop previous to the digital occasion. The hassle introduced collectively the MEDC’s community development crew and Pure Michigan Business Connect platform to proceed efforts to create financial alternative statewide, whereas amplifying and empowering regional financial development efforts. These applications, together with Michigan SBDC, MDARD and Shiawassee Financial Growth Partnership will proceed to supply help providers to awardees, based on organizers of the workshop.
“Modern placemaking and fostering profitable small companies go hand in hand as we have a look at methods to develop an equitable and resilient financial system right here in Michigan,” Michele Wildman, senior vp of group growth on the MEDC, mentioned. “These six companies are a testomony to the entrepreneurial spirit thriving in Shiawassee County at the moment, and it’s thrilling to see what the longer term holds for every of them, and the way their development will create new alternatives of their communities.”
With success in Shiawassee County, the crew at MEDC is constant to pilot this system all through the state, with the following Small Batch Assist Program underway within the Higher Peninsula, based on officers with MEDC.
These fascinated about studying how the MEDC can help your small enterprise, go to here.