Along with advocating on behalf of companies on the state stage, the Kentucky Chamber additionally advocates for pro-business insurance policies in Washington D.C.
“By nice relationships with Kentucky’s federal delegation and with our colleagues on the US Chamber, the Kentucky Chamber has loved some vital victories advocating on the federal stage. These priorities signify one of the best pursuits of the enterprise group in Kentucky, and we’ll proceed to maintain our members knowledgeable whereas combating for them in Washington,” stated Kentucky Chamber President and CEO Ashli Watts.
The Kentucky Chamber’s 2021 federal precedence areas embody:
- COVID-19 reduction: assist insurance policies to stimulate the economic system, preserve companies open, and preserve Individuals protected within the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tax and entitlement reform: tackle the intense fiscal challenges that proceed to exacerbate the annual finances deficit and rising nationwide debt.
- Regulatory reform: reform laws that stifle financial development and impose pointless prices that companies need to go alongside to their clients.
- Immigration reform: enact complete immigration reform that advantages employers and workforce.
- Training: construct a powerful schooling system to arrange younger individuals for good jobs and vibrant futures.
- Power and environmental coverage: guarantee dependable and reasonably priced power that’s important to operating a enterprise and fueling financial development and competitiveness.
- Well being care: encourage well being care reform that lowers prices, improves high quality, expands entry to well being care, and protects American jobs and the employers who create them.
- Signature industries in Kentucky: improve, promote, and defend our signature industries within the Commonwealth, such because the equine business, the bourbon business, and agriculture.
- Worldwide commerce: open commerce with promising markets overseas and to take away limitations that shut U.S. exports out of overseas markets.
- Dependable and safe infrastructure: enhance the standard of America’s infrastructure, together with investments in highways, transit, airports, freight, rail, transportation, power, waterways, and wi-fi and broadband entry.
- Authorized reform: restrict the specter of frivolous lawsuits that stifles development, funding, and competitors and is unhealthy for enterprise.
- Mental property: defend mental property, which is essential to entrepreneurship and job creation.
- Cyber safety: defend companies as they rely extra on expertise and knowledge and vulnerabilities proceed to emerge.