Nineteen extra La Salle County companies and organizations have obtained some reduction in Spherical 2 of the Enterprise Interruption Grant program.
Companies in La Salle County had been awarded $645,000 by means of this system to assist offset dips in income because the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
In whole, $1,375,000 has been dispersed to 52 companies countywide.
Moreover, companies in Bureau County obtained $35,000, and companies in Putnam County totaled $30,000 within the Spherical 2 distribution.
The BIG program is a $636 million program developed by Gov. JB Pritzker and the Illinois Normal Meeting to supply financial reduction for small companies hit hardest by COVID-19.
The grant funding helps small companies with capital bills, together with payroll prices, lease, utilities and different operational prices.
And as COVID-19 case numbers surge throughout the state – however particularly within the geographical well being area generally known as Area 2, which incorporates La Salle, Bureau, Putnam, Marshall and Livingston counties – state officers have spent November heralding the BIG program as a bone to throw struggling small companies unable to supply indoor eating.
Precedence might be given to candidates that didn’t obtain Paycheck Safety Program loans or different types of emergency help from the CARES Act or different governments, are positioned in DIAs, are topic to regional mitigation measures due to COVID-19 resurgence and have lower than $5 million in annual income.
On this spherical, the state is predicted to distribute $220 million, and a bit of greater than $92 million has been disbursed to greater than 2,700 companies all through the state.
The ZIP code space of Marseilles has been recognized as a disproportionately impacted space, which supplies companies and organizations within the space a sure weight when making use of for grant cash.
To be eligible for the second spherical of BIG, companies should meet the next standards:
• Have to be an independently owned and operated for-profit company or restricted legal responsibility company, partnership or sole proprietorship approved to conduct enterprise within the state of Illinois; or a 501c3, 501c6, or 501c19 nonprofit
• Should have been working for a minimum of three months previous to March 2020
• Should have had lower than $20 million in gross working income in calendar yr 2019, or a pro-rated quantity if in operation for lower than a yr previous to March 2020
• Should have skilled working losses since March 21, 2020
• Should have been closed or had lowered operations due to authorities orders, public well being pointers or depressed shopper demand through the COVID-19 pandemic
• Should have complied with all related legal guidelines, rules and govt orders from the state and federal authorities, together with the social distancing pointers as promulgated by the manager orders of the Illinois governor
For details about the Enterprise Interruption Grants program, go to the Illinois Division of Commerce and Financial Alternative’s at www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Pages/default.aspx.
A breakdown of companies who obtained funds in Spherical 2 by county and quantity:
La Salle County
• Bowl-Mor Lanes – Streator
• Finest Western – Oglesby
• Days Inn – Oglesby
• Streator YMCA – Streator
• Starved Rock Nation Neighborhood Basis – La Salle
• Zip Chicago – Marseilles
• Glenwood Resorts – Marseilles
• Heritage Harbor – Ottawa
• Subway – Oglesby
• Ottawa Guests Heart – Ottawa
• Illinois Valley Continual Situations and Acupuncture – Peru
• Subway – La Salle
• Magical Leisure – Marseilles
• Thyme Restaurant – Peru
• Ali’s 13 Subs – Streator
• Metro Detective Company – La Salle
• Suzi’s – Peru
• Mort’s Pub – La Salle
• Fats Daddy’z – Seneca
• Inventive Attire – Spring Valley
• Softtails – Ladd
• Spratt’s Faucet – Hennepin
• Misplaced Duck Tavern – Granville