NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ – Town will obtain $237,600 earmarked for small companies in want of hire assist throughout the COVID-19 pandemic from a state grant program.
New Brunswick will obtain the very best quantity among the many 19 municipalities that may share $2.6 million in Neighborhood Preservation COVID-19 Aid grants, the New Jersey Division of Group Affairs (DCA) introduced Thursday.
In response to the DCA, the grants intention to advertise the continued restoration and revitalization of Neighborhood Preservation Program communities from the COVID-19 disaster by offering funding for eligible coronavirus response actions with a particular emphasis on supporting impacted small companies.
“Gov. [Phil] Murphy and I acknowledge how vital it’s that Neighborhood Preservation Program (NPP) communities obtain funding throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, which is why we’ve got allotted federal coronavirus help to them,” Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver, who additionally serves as DCA commissioner, stated in an announcement Thursday. “The grant funding will likely be used to assist these neighborhoods, that are notably weak to the disaster, get better sooner by investing of their small companies and in actions meant to attract individuals to reside, work, and go to these locations.”
The reduction grants are funded by an allocation from the federal Coronavirus Assist, Aid, and Financial Safety (CARES) Act. The $2.6 million in grant funds have been awarded to municipalities which have a present, accredited Neighborhood Preservation Program Implementation Plan by the native authorities or an NPP accomplice nonprofit group.
At the least 60% of the funding is for enterprise makes use of and should be distributed to small companies positioned of their NPP neighborhood district boundaries with different funding devoted to district-wide enhancements that profit each the native enterprise and residential communities.
Eligible makes use of of the grant funding embody:
- Industrial mortgage, hire, and different payments (utilities, accounts payable).
- Assets to get a enterprise established on-line (for instance, an upgraded web site to make supply out there to clients).
- Procurement of masks, gloves, defend guards, and different private protecting gear (PPE) for enterprise house owners, employees and clients.
- Procurement of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Social distancing signage and decals.
- Procurement of tables, chairs, and different furnishings for outside eating.
- COVID-19 instructional supplies, actions, and occasions.
- Wages for actions considerably devoted to mitigating or responding to the COVID-19 public well being emergency.
- Group entry to web providers for meals procuring.
- Bills for neighborhood social and well being profit actions by nonprofit teams which are essential as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Native present card packages that promote patronage of NPP neighborhood companies.
- Program administration bills for actions devoted to COVID-19 response.
The grants might solely be used for eligible prices incurred between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 30, 2020 and should be absolutely expended by Dec. 30.